Life is always in flux. You never know what will be around
the next corner. With the baby coming in just a few months we had a few changes
we knew we needed to make, but we also added a detail for the mental health of
the family.
Meet our new dog Dotty:
She joined our family in September. We were headed to do
chores at the house in Riverton and Mike saw the Humane Society truck. We
followed it to the PetCo in the District and found our delightful new addition.
She is part German Shorthair Pointer, about a year old, well trained and very
happy. She just wants to be right at your feet or chasing whatever you will
throw for her. We have been very surprised that she (usually) does not take
food from S, keeps her nose off the table (unless she doesn’t think you are
looking) and follows basic commands. She is crate trained and house trained, so
I could not ask for more. The only downfall she has is that in her exuberance
to be in the middle of life she frequently knocks S on his behind. He is
learning to stand back a little, but he loves her so much he doesn’t seem to
mind.
Grandma is also enjoying getting to know the dog, she keeps
telling us her fur is like velvet, and she would love to keep her company when
we are not home, but 40 pounds of dog is a little intimidating to let through
the door when you are not sure on your feet.
I wish she were a little smaller, so that she could be a lap
dog for Grandma, but I think S would destroy a small dog. We keep chanting, “I
will hug you, and kiss you, and call you ‘George’.” Dotty is so sweet she even
lets S sit on her back. When she get tired of it she just stands up and moves.
He is one lucky little boy, she has not snapped at him even when I feel like he
deserved it.
We also added a minivan to our life. We were very fortunate
to have some stock for Mike to sell as he changed jobs and we were able to pick
up a “new to us” 2004 Toyota Sienna. It drives great, has more bells and
whistles than we even knew were possible, and will hold all of us after the
baby is born. We felt very blessed to find it, as we were both done with car
shopping. It takes a toll on your nerves to try and buy a car cash, because
everyone wants to finance you, and pressure you to buy higher than you want. We
found a great dealer we are willing to work with again, because they were
honest, understood that we were not financing, and were great to us. They are
called Atlas Motors, and they are on State Street in Murray if anyone is
looking for a used vehicle.
I was going to say that is it, but Mike started a new job
last month too. He is really happy, and that is making a world of difference!
It is so nice to have him come home feeling like he accomplished something, and
to see him rising to new challenges.
C has had mono for a few weeks now, so we are looking for
alternate school options for her. Hopefully by the end of next week we will
have a plan in place, because going and picking up homework that has no
instructions with it is getting old. She has a great attitude, and seems to be
relieved that we can try a different option. She is missing school like crazy,
but every time we talk about going for half a day the next day she has a fever.
The Lord is truly blessing our lives, we see it daily in the
small miracles that keep us going. My
schooling is going well, I will turn in
all of my immunizations and such next week, and have orientation for the
Nursing program in November. I know the journey we are about to embark on will
be difficult for all of us, but that it is extremely important for the future
of our family.
I keep reflecting on the fact that I didn’t go to nursing
school when C & M were small because I wanted to be home with them. I feel
bad that S and baby #4 get to be the kids that miss out on me being home all of
the time with them. S seems very resilient, he loves being on the go, so going
to a sitter is a great adventure for him. I hope the new baby will be as happy
about it. Hopefully I will figure out how to be a “stay-at-home-mom”/student at
some point, but really I know there is no way to do everything. So, please feel
free to drop by and see us, but don’t judge if my house is not put together and
perfect. That is the easiest area to let go, so that I can hug my baby and read
him a book before I start my next paper J
Sweet heart you are amazing! We love you and pray for you daily
ReplyDelete