Tuesday, April 2, 2013

38 Weeks...

Still here. Who would have ever thought we would see 38 weeks with a pregnancy? I didn't, the doctor didn't, Mike definitely didn't. Crazy how the body works. I have been trying to analyze how we got here, but the truth is I really have no idea. I have a few theories, but Mike says I am just grasping at straws trying to find an answer. That is what I love about him, he keeps me humble!

We see the doctor tomorrow, he is finally back from his 10 day Spring Break trip. I'm glad he got to spend time with his family, but oh so glad that the baby seems to be waiting for him to be in town. I know it sounds crazy, but I was really apprehensive about who we might end up with as an on call doc. I want this to be a pleasant experience for all of us, not a battle with staff over our preferences.

I have been reading a lot of natural birthing sites and natural birthing stories lately. I feel like it is always better to be over prepared, and I know things don't always go the way we want them to. But I am certain now that educating ourselves as women about the birth process and the options we have is important, whether you want a natural or medicated birth. I know some of the natural birthing sites and books can seem a little "hippie" or extreme, but I feel like we all have the option to glean good information from them and be ready for any outcome.

Anyway, just some food for thought as I try to get everything around here ready...or not. We will all make it through one way or the other :)

We took some Easter pictures on Sunday, I will hopefully post some soon. Unfortunately I am having a really hard time getting up on the bar stools at the computer, so it may have to be after the baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment