So, tomorrow we are 39 weeks, and it is time to start the debate over whether or not to induce this baby. My gut instinct is NO! I did not enjoy pitocin with C and feel like it will completely defeat my goal of staying drug free with this delivery. However, we really do have to address how big this baby may be. Both of the other kids were over 6 pounds at 35 weeks. when we look at the fact that most babies gain between a 1/2 and a full pounds per week from week 36 on this kids is getting BIG! Bare minimum, if it was 6 at 35 weeks, it is now 8 lbs. That is a good size baby, but if we had one week where it gained a pound we are over 9 lbs! So, last week the doctor told us he is concerned that after all this time of keeping baby in we may end up with a Cesarean birth because the baby will be too big.
Okay, so there it all is... what do you all think? I am terrified to deliver a 10 lb baby after two 6 lbs babies, but I am sure it is possible. I am just not sure that having any interventions will not lead to more interventions. The doctor said we can start by breaking my water, but 90% of the time he ends up giving women pit even after breaking their water...We can get up to 2 minute contractions when I go walking, but the baby is not engaging in my pelvis, so eventually my body gives up on the contractions.
I am really torn, so I would love to hear from anyone with great ideas or experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment