Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 8 on the Couch...

Bed rest always sounds so inviting until you actually have to be there. However, Mike has been keeping me busy with little projects to make sure I am not bored. Yesterday I got to add up all of my school receipts and all of our medical receipts for our taxes. It took a couple of hours, I am determined to do better next year, and not wait until the last minute.

Mike also found a new mattress for the cradle. Our beautiful cradle was hand made for Mike when he was a baby, and has been through much love since then. When we were getting ready to move from Enoch we realized that the bumpers that came with the cradle had finally disintegrated. For most cradles/cribs this would be no problem, but ours was a custom size, so the bumpers were not there to protect the baby from the sides as much as to keep the bassinet size mattress in place. So, we were in a dilemma, I could not sew anything with my feet up, and we needed new foam to make new bumpers. Instead, Mike found a mini crib mattress at the Overstock.com outlet store that was too big, and cut it down. So I spent the weekend resewing (by hand) the cover. We are really happy with the way it turned out, now Charlotte is going to sew new sheets for this new size. I am hoping the original sheet also fits, because it was a little over-sized. Now if only I could get to the storage unit and pick-up all of the things I know are there. The one I want the most is my "boppy" style pillow. I made it while I was pregnant with Michael, and i love it because it has pocket. I have no desire to replace it because of that!

Anyway, I also started on several baby announcement designs yesterday. They are on the Picturesque Images facebook page, if you are interested.

So, what is on tap for today? I think a nap first, then we shall see. Hope you are all well and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment