So, a quick update for those of you that are following our progress. We saw Dr. Smith today and everything is progressing. In fact my tummy measured 38 cm. We have been measuring large for the last month, but that was a 3 cm growth since my visit 2 weeks ago. Mike joked with the doctor that maybe we would have a 10 lb. baby, and the doctor told us that yesterday he delivered a 36 week baby that was 10 lbs. 8 oz. Needless to say I was not excited about that idea!
Anyway, Dr. Smith said everything looked great and he is fine with anytime for the baby to come. That was good of him to say, especially since I have dilated more since Sunday. I am now at a 3 and 80% effaced. He had us set up an appointment for next week, but I think we all know that is probably not going to happen.
So, that is where we stand. Just so you all know, we had M within 2 hours of my water breaking and we plan on staying home at this point until things are imminent. So if you don't hear from us until it is all over that is why. We are hoping things will go quickly again and we will soon be holding our new little family member.
We are so thankful for all of the love and support that we have been given through this process! Your prayers have buoyed us up when things were hard. Thanks again, and we will post pictures as soon as we can!
Congratulations! I'm so happy that you've made it so far and are almost done now. Best wishes for that blessed day! Thanks for sending me your blog address so I could read up on you! I'm getting inspired to start writing in mine again. I'm just so far behind I've gotten WAY overwhelmed at the thought.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read about how it all goes!
Thanks Jodee! We are so excited, but can't actually believe we made it to this point!
Delete