Tuesday, March 26, 2013

37 Weeks

Funny how this pregnancy suddenly feels anticlimactic! We waited and watched for so long to prevent this baby from coming, and now it is staying put. So, we are trying to be patient and wait it out.

I know most women are barely worried about delivery at this point in a pregnancy. I totally get that, but when you fight for so long to make it to a certain point it really starts to stink when you pass it and nothing is happening. Literally, contractions have almost disappeared unless I get up and move around a lot. Even then, when I sit or lay down they go away.
So, now I am trying to busy myself with my sketchbook and other odd jobs. Maybe I will even get a wrap to carry the baby in made this week. We will see...

Personally I am fine with waiting until next week, I have never had to deliver with an on-call doc, my doc is out of town. 

Anyway, that is the update for now. When I went to submit my portfolio to the Illustration program I found out that they have switched to an online system and I can only submit 10 images. I had many more than that ready, so here are a few:






The 2 above are two of my favorites and actually made the portfolio cut!

**UPDATE: No news to report. Saw the nurse today and everything is the same, except I am now measuring 40 cm. This little critter is in for the long haul I suppose! I think it knew I had plans for things to do in April and decided to mess them all up. Lol!

Dr. will be back Wednesday and I guess then we can start talking about when an induction becomes the option. I would still really like to avoid that, but as I huff and puff with every step I am becoming more and more ready...


No comments:

Post a Comment