My kids have chores that they are supposed to do everyday. Lately with homework and other activities they are doing a weeks worth of chore every Friday. However, they are not so happy, because I am more mobile and able to check up on the success of their work.
Today I was checking a few areas they did yesterday and was not satisfied with their performance. They claimed I have never shown them how to clean those area, as if! It was just being ignored while I was out of commission.
Mike decided to take the lesson a step further, he helped M vacuum upstairs with Grandma's Rainbo vac. Then he let the kids see what was in the water tank. Funny how that little lesson could go so far. Suddenly it was as if a light went on for them and they understood what all of this effort is for. I am so grateful that we had this lesson now, before the baby arrives. Perhaps it will help them to understand when I get a little neurotic over how the house is kept while the baby is small.
No comments:
Post a Comment