Sunday, March 3, 2013

Almost 34 Weeks...

Today has been a little rough. I woke up several times during the night thinking I had to go to the bathroom (which of course I did) but would find that I was mid contraction as well. By the time I actually decided I would not go back to sleep it was 8:30 am. Before Mike woke at 9 I had already had two pretty strong contractions. Over the next hour the contractions increased to the point I was having to really focus to make sure I was breathing through each one. By 11 am I was having 6 contractions an hour. This is the point my Dr. keeps telling me I should go to Labor & Delivery, but of course I was stubborn and said, "Well I can take more medicine in and hour, so let's see how that works."

So I went to sleep for an hour (not really sleep, but I tried to pretend, but I was still having contractions) and Mike woke me at noon. I took more medicine and got down to 5 contractions an hour for a couple of hours, then they started picking up again. I called my favorite nurse at my Dr.'s office and she said if I got back to 6 I needed to go in. By 3 I was at 6 again, and had been for an hour. I decided it would be best to go in, since I could not have any more meds for 3 hours.

Needless to say, I contracted the whole time we got ready to go, I contracted in the car, I contracted standing at check-in, and even for the first 20 minutes we were in the room. However, as soon as I was hooked up to the monitor I stopped contracting. In the hour I was hooked up I had all of one contraction that registered and a few "uterine irritations."

Now, I am not complaining that the contractions stopped, in fact before we left I told Mike that is what would happen. I would like a way to scare my body without the expense of a visit to L & D. Just saying...

Oh well. Tuesday we are 34 weeks and we are pretty excited about that! Oh, and they checked me and I have not dilated any more than I was 2 weeks ago, so that is pretty great too!

No comments:

Post a Comment